Most Delicious Dishes

Where it's always time to eat!

Marinated Filet Mignon

Give me a B-E-E-F! Yeah, lets hear it for Beef! Oops, lost myself there for a moment. Filet Mignon is my absolute favorite steak. The marinade I used is just amazing, the secret is fresh grated ginger. The best part is that its fast to cook and the marinade is super easy to make.











The recipe calls for 2 tbsp of worchestire sauce, however, I don't like it, so I don't add it, but if you like it then by all means go for it. In a ziploc bag add 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 garlic clove smashed (I use 4), and 1/2 tsp ground ginger (I use a 1 inch piece of fresh grated ginger). I don't remember where I got the recipe from, but I changed it slightly, if you click on the picture you can see the original recipe. Once in a awhile I add 1 tbsp of honey.










I like to smash the garlic instead of mincing it, I think it releases more flavor. Just place the side of the knife over the garlic and smash the garlic, or use the bottom of a heavy can
to crush.



Once all the ingredients are in the bag, shake the bag to mix the ingredients. I forgot to mention you can use a light soy sauce if you prefer.





Now for the good stuff, this marinade can be doubled if you need to, I'm only making two steaks, so I only need a small amount of marinade. When you buy your steak, make sure that the cuts you buy have a little bit of white running through them, they will be more tender and have more flavor.






Place your steaks in the marinade, marinade at least for 30 min., I usually only marinade Filet Mignon about 4 hours, the meat is so tender you are only really flavoring it. Always marinade raw meats in the fridge.






Preheat you oven to 350F. In an oven safe pan, heat 2tbsp of olive oil to high heat, then sear both sides of the beef for about 2 min. this will help lock in the juice when you cook it.





Place the pan in oven for 6 to 8 min. for med rare, and 8 to 12 min for well. if you have thick cuts you can butterfly cut them if you want them cooked well done, a butterfly cut is slicing them through the middle, this will keep the outside from burning while the inside cooks.







I said give me a B-E-E-F! I usually don't cut my honey's steak like that, but I wanted you to see the inside, my honey was mad I cut his steak up, but the homemade mack and cheese made up for it.









I like to cut my steak up and add cilantro, it makes the flavor pop! OK guys, I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. Beef its whats for Dinner, sorry I couldn't resist it. Enjoy!




Ingredients:
2 Filet Mignons
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 inch fresh grated ginger
4 garlic cloves crushed





3 comments:

Anonymous November 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

That was one great Steak!!

Anonymous April 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM  

I was really hesitant trying anything I wasn't 100% sure about, since it is a filet, which doesn't need much in marinades. But I like to marinade and the last two filets I cooked, I thought they were missing something. I needed more flavor. Olive oil salt and pepper just was not enough for me. SO..... I took a chance on this recipe, crossing my fingers and even prayed a bit. WELL.... I was prepared to right a review whether good or bad. I have to admit we really liked it ALOT. I was worried bc I don't like soy sauce much either, unless I'm eating sushi. I was hoping it was going to taste somewhat teriyaki-ish. And it did!! I like my steaks med to med-rare. But I also like them a burnt on the edges. Slightly. And my hubs is great on doing that. The crispy edges of this filet with this marinade was absolutely wonderful. Idk if the lemons purpose was to not only flavor and/or tenderize, bc I've used limes before for that reason, but the filet literally fell apart on my plate. I know filets are suppose to be that tender but not Like THAT! So thanks you Crystal!!!

Nicole August 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM  

Making this for dinner tonight! Thanks for the idea!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

My Photo
Hi guys, I'm Crystal and I love cooking, baking, and eating. Most of my recipes are kid friendly and super easy. I've always been asked for many of my recipes, so I decided to blog about them.

Food For The Soul

God gives all his birds food, but he never throws it in their nests.

What I Made In...

Friends Who Follow

Rate our website @ The Mom Blogs
Excellent!
Very Good
Good
Fair
Poor